Monday, 17 December 2012

Visiting lecture series - David Shepphard

David Sheppard is a practising musician, critic and writer on music and culture.He has been a regular contributor to Mojo magazine for a decade, has written for Q, The Observer, The Glasgow Herald, The Mail On Sunday and College Music Journal, amongst innumerable others, and is co-editor of Art & Music magazine. He has previously written 'primer' biographies of Leonard Cohen and Elvis Costello.

Sadly I didn't get much from this lecture as it was basically this is me, this is what I do and I make a load of money from it because I know people.

Although he did make one statement with which I could connect and agree with which was to be yourself and carve your own path rather than follow an already well trodden path. but in fairness this is what I try to do anyway I was a little disappointed to be honest, especially after the way Jamie had hyped it up. I expected much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment