During the residential I engaged in several activities covering both photography and film and should therefore try to incorporate both into the project.
During the trip I took many photo's attempting to document the trip.
Would it be possible to create a film consisting of several photo's? - This would just be a digital slideshow!
*proverb* 'A picture says a thousand words' BUT, sometimes words are needed to explain the pictures and so create a natural flow.
Silent Movies! In the days of the silent movies word screens would often be used on or between film sequences to explain what was happening. As much as it annoys me this clip illustrates what I mean. It also illustrates that this technique is still relevant today.
The next question is how do I showcase other techniques within the film? As at this stage it is still a slideshow - or is it? certainly it could be argued that it enters into the realms of animation,after all animation is a series of still images put together to create a moving image but I still feel that it needs more.
By adding a soundtrack I can lift the film up a level much as was done in the silent movie days but by adding film clips I can also showcase editing and filming skills. Therefore I propose to include both a couple of film clips and a vox-pops (From the latin Vox Populi - meaning voice of the people an edit of several very short clips joined together to create a single piece of film usually to get across public opinion on a subject).
As my intention is to document (very loosely) the Dolphinholme residential I will edit and include a couple of the confessions clips and create a (SPOOF) vox-pop of evaluatory opinions.
In conclusion a mixed media piece including still photography, annotation screens, straight film, vox-pop and music all in 3 minutes documenting in a (VERY) lighthearted way, the Dolphinholme residential.
No comments:
Post a Comment