A band shoot was set up as a tutorial workshop with one of our fellow students, singer/songwriter Miranda Myles. I initially went along to observe and maybe gain some insight into the sound production involved with such a shoot. However, this had already been set up so I watched as the shoot began to take place with our tutor at the helm. After a couple of tracks had been recorded, our tutor turned to me and said that he wanted me to direct the next track. This was indeed virgin territory for me but I nervously took the chair and began to organise the crew, unbeknown to me that the tutor had left the building! So I nervously began to direct the shoot as I had seen our tutor do several times, not realising just how much I had picked up. As I began to settle in to it, the confidence within me began to grow and I think that it began to show. we filmed another 4 tracks after that with me at the helm and I was very pleased with the result.
No comments:
Post a Comment