Child action north west is a local charity and they have commissioned the college to produce 10 short films to raise their profile and attract funding for the organisation. Working in conjunction with HE social sciences the FAD media pathway have been brought on board to create the films written by the HE students. After spending a morning at the Child action headquarters getting the rundown of the project we eagerly awaited the brief. In the meantime some of our students went up to the headquarters to take the test shots and to meet some of the staff to discuss the project further. Unfortunately no-one from HE or child action turned up. Furthermore it was decided that the building was unsuitable for filming and we had still not received a brief. In all fairness I had given up on the project as I was concentrating on my own work and still awaiting the brief. However, Jamie held a meeting and asked Craig (the HE tutor) to join us, the students explained what had gone on and Jamie was on the verge of pulling the project but the students decided that they wanted to carry it on. This is where I came into it. Jamie asked me if I would get involved with the project and assist with the organisation side of things as aparrently this is what I like to do (mainly trying to organise Jamie it seems) I agreed and was added into the email loop so as to liaise with Craig,Jamie and child action to arrange the shoots which we decided would be done in our studio rather than on location. The next couple of weeks were spent firing emails and texts left right and centre to confirm dates and times for shooting, Booking the studio time and making sure everyone knew what was happening.
No comments:
Post a Comment