Friday, 12 October 2012

First project - First session

So having collated my research (own existing research) I had compiled a list of stories and legends to use for the audio book. I made my way into the studio to begin recording.

Move over Chris Moyles, there's a new 'big boy' in town!
After a shaky start (stumbling over a few words and pronunciations and getting the voice right) all appeared to be going swimmingly and I managed to lay around 8 tracks down that afternoon.

I uploaded them to my hard drive and left for the day hoping to edit them further at home.
That's hen everything went wrong! Playing them back on the laptop I found that I could hardly hear them. I'd mucked up the recording levels! I started to ask myself how, and it suddenly dawned on me that I hadn't checked the speaker/headphone volume and whoever had been in the studio had had the levels at full whack, which I had obviously compensated for by reducing the input levels. LESSON LEARNED!

No comments:

Post a Comment