Friday, 12 October 2012

Media first brief (3 minute moving image) further planning

As previously stated, my intention is to utilise a number of techniques to create a 3 minute light hearted piece (loosely) documenting the Dolphinholme residential.


Photography

Having looked through the many photo's that I took over the two days it became apparent that not all would be suitable for instance:

'raindrops on rowan'




Whilst this is a lovely pic, it doesn't actually tell us anything. Whereas:

CONFESS YOUR SINS!



This one depicts the activities taking place.

Annotation Slides

In order to help tell the story I feel that a series of annotation screens will help the flow of the photographic stills. They will add an element of speech to the photographs ( a sort of silent narration). They will follow the form of the title screen:




Film  

I have decided to utilise a couple of the confession clips within the project as this as one of the main activities taking part during the trip, With these clips I want to create an element of contrast and therefore I will choose and edit in a clip from each end of the 'shock' scale.

Vox-pop

Again I wanted to showcase another technique and so I intend to manufacture a (SPOOF) vox-pop of students opinion on the trip.

Music  

To bring the photography and annotation screens up a level I feel that the use of music and sound effects will do just that, as with the silent movies music adds drama and flow to the pictures on the screen   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment